January 3rd, 2012 parenthelps.awana.org
The following list is not meant to be thorough. It offers practical ways we all can improve as parents. Consider incorporating a few ideas into your parenting this month. (There’s one for each day in January if you’re up for a challenge!)
In random order:
1. Pray for your child in her presence at the start and close of each day. Keep it brief, but put thought into what you say.
2. Tell your child on a regular basis that you love him.
3. Hug your child often.
4. Spend at least 30 minutes of one-on-one time with your child each week. Turn off your cell phone and focus on him.
5. Tell her you’re proud of her. Be specific why.
6. Surprise your child with a small gift that you know he’d appreciate.
7. Read the Bible or a devotional lesson together at least weekly – even if your child is a teen.
8. Play a board or card game with your child.
9. Take out your child for breakfast or lunch at least monthly.
10. Take off work early to cheer him on at an after-school activity.
Click here to read the rest of the 31 Ways: “31 Practical Ways to be a Great Parent”